Thursday, December 6, 2012

Ahhhh... Pearls

Today I was making a pearl necklace for a custom order and realized what fun it would be to see what it takes to knot a pearl necklace. I always admired women like Julia Child, Audrey and my sweet grandmother in law Celia Exendine who all wore their pearls daily as they just belonged.....Classic respectable women who worked hard yet never forgot their feminine side. I personally believe it is their weight and the way they travel smoothly around the collar bone. So here are a few photos I took while putting this necklace together. Grab your coffee and enjoy.
Ironing the thread is a must to get perfect knots.
Making the knot with my pinpoint tweezers the old fashioned way.

7 comments:

  1. Here is the link to the 16 inch version of this choker
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/103169703/large-freshwater-pearl-choker-sterling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Resa. I have never tried this, must do it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the lovely photos and thanks for the tip on ironing the silk!! I learned to knot pearls years ago from my Chinese friend Joy. You are so right about pearls, girls. I even wore them under my soccer jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't know about ironing the thread- great tip! Lovely necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is something so classic and beautiful about pearls. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the comments! I love hearing from everyone :)

    ReplyDelete